Matchup: Toronto Raptors vs. Denver Nuggets
Subscribe: Raptors Podtable Podcast
Where to Watch
Date: Friday, Aug. 14
Time: 1:30 p.m. ET
TV: TSN (Canada), League Pass (USA)
Location: The Field House, Orlando, FL
And then there was one.
On Friday, the Raptors will play their final seeding game ahead of the 2020 NBA Playoffs, bringing an end to their regular season.
The Raptors already know who they'll face in the first round, so we're unlikely to see much from Kyle Lowry, Fred VanVleet, OG Anunoby, Pascal Siakam and Marc Gasol. This will almost certainly be another opportunity for players on the second unit to shine, such as Matt Thomas, Stanley Johnson and Chris Boucher, each of whom have been making the most of their extended minutes lately.
.@chrisboucher always puts on a show.- Toronto Raptors (@Raptors) August 13, 2020
19 Pts / 9 Rebs / 4 Blks pic.twitter.com/SBBQHbV5ke
Same deal with the Nuggets.
Following their loss to the LA Clippers on Wednesday, the Nuggets are locked into a first-round matchup with the Utah Jazz. The difference with them is they have two key members of their rotation in Gary Harris and Will Barton who have yet to play in the season restart. This game will be their last opportunity to get some minutes before the playoffs begin.
An injury report will be made available closer to tip.
- On the season, the Nuggets rank sixth in offensive efficiency (112.6) and 16th in defensive efficiency (110.3).
- The Raptors, meanwhile, rank 13th in offence (110.7) and second in defence (104.6).
- Nuggets rookie Michael Porter Jr. has been one of the breakout stars of the bubble. Through seven games, he's averaging 22.0 points, 8.6 rebounds and 1.6 assists.
- Nikola Jokic is creating 22.0 points per game with his assists in the bubble, the fifth-highest rate in the league.
- Boucher tied his career-high with four blocks in Toronto's comeback win over the Philadelphia 76ers.
- OG Anunoby recorded a career-high seven steals in the first meeting between the Raptors and Nuggets this season.
Last Time They Played
Date: March 1, 2020
Score: Denver Nuggets 133, Toronto Raptors 118
Nuggets: Nikola Jokic - 23 PTS, 18 REB, 11 AST
Raptors: OG Anunoby - 32 PTS, 7 REB, 7 STL, 3 AST
The views on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of the NBA or its clubs.