Team USA are your 2020 Tokyo Olympic champions.
They secure their fourth consecutive gold medal after a thrilling 87-82 win over France in a nail-biting finish.
Kevin Durant led the USA with 29 points and six rebounds, while Jayson Tatum added 19 points and seven rebounds. Damian Lillard and Jrue Holiday finished with 11 apiece.
Rudy Gobert and Evan Fournier had 16 points each for France, while Guerschon Yabusele added 13 and Nando DeColo 12.
If you missed any of the action, we've got you covered with all the live updates, scores and stats from the game below:
Team USA vs. France - live score and updates
Final: USA 87, France 82
- And that's a wrap from Tokyo! USA win the gold medal for a fourth straight Olympics.
The U.S. Men capture a fourth consecutive Olympic gold medal at #Tokyo2020! 🥇🥇🥇🥇- USA Basketball (@usabasketball) August 7, 2021
🇺🇸 #USABMNT x #GoldHabits pic.twitter.com/KIXUmqazUp
- Gobert fouls out of the game and sends Durant to the free throw line. USA lead 87-82 with 8 seconds to go.
- Whoah! Ntilikina throws down the jam and they get the steal on the inbound. DeColo makes 1-of-2 at the line to make it 85-82 with 10.2 seconds to go. Hold onto your hats!
- Fournier's triple cuts it to six and he attempts a deep one on the next posession but can't get it to go. It's a free throw game now as France has to foul now.
- Great awareness from Draymond Green to knock DeColo's second free throw off the rim. Live rim in FIBA ball comes to USA's rescure here. High IQ play in crunchtime from Green.
- France picking it up on defence, trapping USA at half-court and getting a crucial turnover. Booker follows it up with a foul on DeColo and now France will shot free throws for the rest of the game (2:18)
- Ntilikina has given France a nice spark off the bench in the fourth quarter, comes up with a steal and gets it to Fournier for the mid-range jumper. France back to within seven at 79-72 (4:10)
- Frank Ntilikina gets it go go and their back within five points
- USA have missed their last nine shots
- Batum's cut it to six points with seven minutes to go. We've got a big finish coming up here.
- Adebayo getting it done at both ends for USA early in the period. He gets the mid-range jumper to go and continues to battle inside on the glass.
End of third quarter: USA 71, France 63
France are still right in the contest as they trail by eight heading into the fourth quarter.
They have three players in double figures with Gobert a team-high 16. Yabusele has 13 and Fournier 11.
Six different USA players scored in the third quarter. Durant leads the way with 27, Tatum has 16, Holiday, eight and Lillard seven.
Kevin Durant leads all scorers with 27 PTS and Jayson Tatum is up to 16 PTS and 6 REB.- NBA (@NBA) August 7, 2021
Fourth quarter upcoming in the #Tokyo2020 Men's #Basketball Gold Medal Game. pic.twitter.com/O9vCPdsbXS
- BIG triple from Batum at the buzzzer to cut the lead to eight points.
- Holiday gets the steal and Tatum gets out in the open court for the one-handed jam. USA have scored 16 points off 14 turnovers. They lead 71-57 (1:18)
- Tatum responds with a triple of his own. USA hit four triples in the first half. They've got four in this quarter already. USA lead 65-55 (3:00)
- Yabusele knocks down his third 3-pointer for the quarter! He's got 13 for the game (3:12)
- Lillard forces the DeColo turnover. France has turned it over 11 times to USA's three (5:00)
- Durant has been the difference tonight. France have no answer for the Nets star as he brings up 26 points on 9-of-16 shooting.
LET'S GO! KD 🎯 7 unanswered USA points.- USA Basketball (@usabasketball) August 7, 2021
6:25 3Q | 🇺🇸 56 🇫🇷 45#Tokyo2020 #Basketball pic.twitter.com/RzBXFEFyGI
- JaVale McGee has yet to see the floor for USA, but as France continue to look inside, will we see the 3-time NBA champion make an appearance to counter Gobert? Adebayo picks up his second foul ans Gobert will shoot free throws (7:52)
- JaVale McGee has yet to see the floor for USA, but as France continue to look inside, will we see the 3-time NBA champion make an appearance to counter Gobert?
- Yabusele opens the third with a triple and France are back within three.
Half-time: USA 44, France 39
After USA looked to be running away with it early in the second getting out to a 13-point lead, France clawed their way back into the contest getting USA into foul trouble in the final few minutes.
Durant leads USA with 21 points, while Jayson Tatum has 11.
Gobert has been the man for France in the first half with 13 points and seven rebounds. Evan Fournier has 11.
Halfway to the 🥇@KDTrey5 21 PTS@jaytatum0 11 PTS#Tokyo2020 #Basketball pic.twitter.com/CQ6FSZgX0j- USA Basketball (@usabasketball) August 7, 2021
- Durant is putting on an offensive display in the final He's got 21 points in just 15 minutes on court.
- Gobert goes to the line again and drains 1-of-2 to cut USA's lead to 41-33 (1:47)
- That's a fifth team foul for Team USA. France will shoot free throws for the final three minutes.
- DeColo feeds Gobert for the to cut the deficit to 10 points. (3:23)
- Evan Fournier picks up a technical foul after getting into it with the officials. Frustration starting to get to France.
- Durant left wide open in the corner and now the lead is out to 38-26. (5:05)
- France struggling to get into their offensve sets. They found some early success getting it inside to Gobert early, but USA are doing a much better job defensively this quarter.
- Tatum is starting to heat up with four of USA's eight points in the second.
Tatum getting into the act here in the second with 7 PTS- USA Basketball (@usabasketball) August 7, 2021
6:26 2Q | 🇺🇸 30 🇫🇷 24#Tokyo2020 #Basketball pic.twitter.com/I0P9eyW9fq
- USA's defence is doing a great job keeping France honest on the perimeter forcing them into some late shot clock situations, with Zach LaVine leading the charge.
End of first quarter: USA 22, France 18
France got off to a strong start, but a late surge from Kevin Durant has USA in front after 10 minutes as they close the quarter on a 16-6 run. He's got 12 of their 22 points, however their offence has yet to click, going 2-of-11 from the 3-point line.
Gobert leads France with six points and four rebounds. Their size is the biggest mismatch so far with USA struggling to keep them off the glass.
Whew. A 16-6 burst to end the first!- USA Basketball (@usabasketball) August 7, 2021
END 1Q | 🇺🇸 22 🇫🇷 18#Tokyo2020 #Basketball pic.twitter.com/TONCdZe7ms
- Despite France's strong start, USA tie things up at 15-15 thanks to Kevin Durant. he's got nine of their 15 points to start the game.
- Team USA struggling from deep early here, going 0-of-7 from the 3-point line and losing the rebounding battle 9-3.
- Fournier drills the triple to extend the lead to 10-4 . Timeout USA (5:28)
- USA are yet to settle into their offence, going 1-of-5 from the field to start. France lead 5-2 (7:34)
- France's size already causing problems for USA. Gobert backs down Durant for the huge jam to get the scoring underway.
- Tough start for France as USA force the shot cock violation on the first possession.
🇺🇸 Starters vs 🇫🇷 France 🥇- USA Basketball (@usabasketball) August 7, 2021
#Tokyo2020 #Basketball pic.twitter.com/ZlgEf0EoS4
5 de départ.- Equipes de France de Basket (@FRABasketball) August 7, 2021
1️⃣ » @NandoDeColo
2️⃣ » @EvanFourmizz
3️⃣ » @nicolas88batum
4️⃣ » @DTP_Mario
5️⃣ » @rudygobert27 #TeamFranceBasket #FRAUSA #Tokyo2020 #Basketball pic.twitter.com/nCLPWIyxsI
The views on this page do not necessarily represent the views of the NBA or its clubs.