The Toronto Raptors are back in the winner's column, cruising past the Indianan pacers 118-100 for their first win at home this season.
Fred VanVleet led all scorers with 26 points and 10 rebounds, while OG Anunoby continued his strong start to the season with 25 points. After a slow start, rookie Scottie Barnes came to life, finishing with 18 points, seven rebounds and seven assists.
Malcolm Brogdon, who exited the game in the third quarter with a hamstring injury, led the Pacers with 18 points. Rookie Chris Duarte chipped in 14 points as the Pacers fall to 1-4 on the season.
If you missed any of the action, we have you covered with all the live updates, highlights and stats from tonight's game.
Raptors vs. Pacers score
Raptors vs. Pacers live updates, highlights
FINAL: Raptors 118, Pacers 100
- The Raptors finish with six players in double figures, but it was their defence that made the difference on the night, forcing 23 turnovers which they turned into 31 points.
- Boucher says NOPE!
Get that gahbage outta here! pic.twitter.com/LSKWisCX4l- Toronto Raptors (@Raptors) October 28, 2021
- OK SCOTTIE!!!
The rookie takes it straight to the tin for the emphatic jam to make it a 20-point lead!
Scottie Barnes drops the 🔨@ScottBarnes561 x #NBARooks pic.twitter.com/o3MV819jUi- NBA Draft (@NBADraft) October 28, 2021
- The Raptors rookies of Barnes and Banton have stood out in the game, but special mention has to go to the Pacers rookie Chris Duarte, who already looks like a professional scorer. He's up to 14 point, stepping up in place of the injured Malcolm Brogdon.
End of third quarter: Raptors 87, Pacers 71
The Raptors are running away with it after three quarters with a 16-point lead, thanks to back-to-back triples from VanVleet and Banton.
- Another Anunoby three gives the Raptors a 13-point lead, their largest of the game!
- Big blow for the Pacers. Malcolm Brogdon is out for the remainder of the game with a sore hamstring. He exits the game with 18 points and five assists.
Injury Update: Malcolm Brogdon has a sore left hamstring and will not return tonight.- Indiana Pacers (@Pacers) October 28, 2021
- Nick Nurse will be pleased with this defensive effort from the Raptors. Their rotations have been crisp tonight and they're doing a great job closing out on the perimeter.
- Barnes is showing plenty of confidence, taking it right at Myes Turner for the scoop layup. No fear from the rookie.
Half-time: Raptors 57, Pacers 48
The Raptors take control of the game behind a 16-6 run fueled by OG Anunoby and Scottie Barnes. Anunoby has 16 points and five steals, while Barnes has 10 points.
Malcolm Brogdon leads the Pacers with 16 points and five assists.
- Anunoby setting the tone for the Raptors on the defensive end. As the Pacers put together a nice sequence of ball movement for a wide-open Brogdon three, Anunoby is right there to close out and swat the shot.
- Make that 10 points in the quarter for Barnes and the Raptors' last eight. The rookie has come alive in the second quarter.
Unmatched hustle by the rook @ScottBarnes561 pic.twitter.com/ztoh7DFhs7- Toronto Raptors (@Raptors) October 28, 2021
- Scottie Barnes is getting it done inside with all hustle, fighting for rebounds and cleaning up around the rim. Make that a 7-0 run for the Raptors as they wrestle back control.
- Indiana's defence is coming alive in the quarter, with Myles Turner making it three blocks already. Toronto is shooting just 6-of-17 from the field in the second.
MY GOSH MYLES https://t.co/ETgcpBfI35 pic.twitter.com/gVAu7lXKuM- Indiana Pacers (@Pacers) October 28, 2021
- The Raptors have to get some stops. The Pacers are shooting 7-of-10 in the quarter and getting too many easy looks.
- Sv Mykhailiuk making something out of nothing.
Sviji can do it all pic.twitter.com/kUXhvIPLRm- Toronto Raptors (@Raptors) October 28, 2021
- First points of the game for rookie Scottie Barnes. He follows his own shot, gets the rebound and puts it home.
- A 6-0 run from Malcolm Brogdon gives the Pacers the lead at 33-31.
🚨 13 points in the first 4:30 of the second quarter for @MalcolmBrogdon7 🚨#GoldBlooded pic.twitter.com/OE18Yn1nCi- Indiana Pacers (@Pacers) October 28, 2021
End of first quarter: Raptors 29, Pacers 24
- It was all OG Anunoby for the Raptors, who leads all scorers with 16 points on 6-of-11 shooting.
- Dalano Banton is really making the most of his early minutes, pushing the ball up the floor and making some timely defensive plays. He sends TJ McConnell's baseline jumper into the crowd, much to their delight.
THE DENIAL FROM DALANO pic.twitter.com/xslCoLGb7R- Toronto Raptors (@Raptors) October 28, 2021
- Anunoby in attack mode early! He's going to work inside and now has 11 of the team's 21 points.
OG too quick for ya pic.twitter.com/BwUBWJhEbG- Toronto Raptors (@Raptors) October 27, 2021
- Fred VanVleet and OG Anunoby picking up where they left off last game. They have combined for all nine of the Raptors points to take a 9-7 lead. Timeout Toronto.
- The Raptors have to get a body on Sabonis. He's got all six of the Pacers points to start the game.
get us started, @Dsabonis11 💪- Indiana Pacers (@Pacers) October 27, 2021
watch live on @BallySportsIN or stream at https://t.co/G4soMKSUqz pic.twitter.com/i1bDFY9wpz
The Pacers will start Malcolm Brogdon, Chris Duarte, Justin Holiday, Domantas Sabonis and Myles Turner.
same 5️⃣ for game 5️⃣@MotorolaUS | #GoldBlooded pic.twitter.com/Cf88CJbgwH- Indiana Pacers (@Pacers) October 27, 2021
Caris LeVert (back) was listed as questionable for the first time this season, but is not yet ready to play. He will be out for this contest.
The Raptors will start Fred VanVleet, Gary Trent Jr., OG Anunoby, Scottie Barnes and Precious Achiuwa.
Tonight's @Invisalign starting lineup. #WeTheNorth pic.twitter.com/yk69C4Jt5t- Toronto Raptors (@Raptors) October 27, 2021
What channel is Raptors vs. Pacers on?
- TV channel: TSN 3/4 (Canada), BSIN and NBA League Pass (USA)
- Radio: SN 590
What time does Raptors vs. Pacers start?
- Date: Wednesday, Oct. 27
- Time: 7:30 p.m. ET | 4:30 p.m. PT
Raptors vs. Pacers is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Oct. 27. The game will be played at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, ON.
( As of 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 26 )
|Team||Player Name||Current Status||Reason|
|Toronto Raptors||Pascal Siakam||Out||Injury/Illness - Left shoulder; Injury recovery|
|Yuta Watanabe||Out||Injury/Illness - Left calf; Strain|
|Indiana Pacers||Caris LeVert||Questionable||Injury/Illness - Back; Sore|
|Kelan Martin||Out||Injury/Illness - Left hamstring; Strain|
|TJ Warren||Out||Injury/Illness - Left navicular; Fracture|
The views on this page do not necessarily represent the views of the NBA or its clubs.