The NBA G League will resume basketball for the first time in nearly 11 months as the 2021 season begins on Feb. 10 at the Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, FL.
A total of 18 teams - 17 G League Teams and the developmental G League Ignite - are set to participate in the season, while some other teams opted out of the seasons. Among the 18 participating teams is Raptors 905, which has been a key developing ground for talent that has gone on to play major roles with the Toronto Raptors.
MORE: All you need to know about upcoming NBA G League season | What is G League Ignite?
Who is playing for Raptors 905 during the 2021 G League Bubble? When will they play?
From the 13-man roster to the 15-game schedule, we've got you covered with all you need to know ahead of Raptors 905's 2021 G League season.
2021 Raptors 905 Roster
|No.||Player||POS||HT||WT||DOB||College / Nationality||Status|
|2||Jalen Harris*||G||6-5||195||08/14/1998||Nevada / USA||Two-way|
|3||Tres Tinkle||F||6-7||225||06/03/1996||Oregon State / USA||NBA Affiliate|
|4||Henry Ellenson||F-C||6-10||240||01/13/1997||Marquette / USA||Returning|
|5||Breein Tyree||G||6-2||195||01/13/1998||Ole Miss / USA||NBA Affiliate|
|6||Gary Payton II||G||6-3||190||12/01/1992||Oregon State / USA||Draft Pick|
|7||Kevon Harris||G||6-6||216||06/24/1997||Stephen F. Austin / USA||Draft Pick|
|8||Malachi Flynn||G||6-1||175||05/10/1998||San Diego State / USA||Assignment|
|10||Matt Morgan||G||6-2||174||11/07/1997||Cornell / USA||Returning|
|11||Nik Stauskas||G||6-6||205||10/07/1993||Michigan / Canada||NBA Vet Exemption|
|18||Yuta Watanabe*||G-F||6-8||215||10/13/1994||George Washington / Japan||Two-way|
|20||Dewan Hernandez||C-F||6-10||235||12/09/1996||Miami / USA||NBA Affiliate|
|24||Alize Johnson||F||6-7||212||04/22/1996||Missouri State / USA||NBA Affiliate|
|31||Matt Mooney||G||6-3||199||02/07/1997||Texas Tech / USA||Trade|
*Two-way player with Toronto
Head Coach: Patrick Mutombo
In addition to Mutombo, who became an assistant with the Toronto Raptors in 2016, the Raptors 905 coaching staff has also added two other former Toronto assistants in John Bennett and Brittni Donaldson.
- Jalen Harris and Watanabe hold the two designated slots for players on two-way contracts while the team's 2020 first-round pick in Flynn is with Raptors 905 on assignment. Each of the three has seen action with the NBA's Raptors early on in the season.
- Hernandez was selected with the No. 59 overall pick by the Raptors in 2019. He appeared in four games with Toronto and nine games with Raptors 905 during his rookie campaign.
- Stauskas, the No. 8 overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft, is a member of Raptors 905 by virtue of the NBA Vet Exemption, largely aided by his being a native of Mississauga, ON, where the team plays its home games in normal years.
- Ellenson, a first-round pick in the 2016 NBA Draft, appeared in 16 games with Raptors 905 in 2019-20 and was a Toronto Raptors training camp invite in 2020 along with Alizé Johnson, who was one of the team's final roster cuts.
- Raptors 905 acquired Kevon Harris, a rookie from Stephen F. Austin, with the 11th overall pick in this year's G League Draft. He averaged 17.5 points and 5.7 rebounds during his senior campaign at SFA.
- Payton, the son of Hall of Famer Gary Payton, was acquired by Raptors 905 with the 15th overall pick in the most recent G League Draft. At 28, Payton is the eldest member of the roster and has appeared in 61 NBA games over the course of his career.
- Tyree, a rookie combo guard, shared a backcourt with current Toronto Raptor Terence Davis II while at the University of Mississippi.
Raptors 905 Schedule
|Wednesday, Feb. 10||Rio Grande Valley Vipers||7:30 p.m.||HP Fieldhouse||NBA TV Canada / Raptors905.com|
|Friday, Feb. 12||Erie BayHawks||11 a.m.||AdventHealth Arena||NBA TV Canada / SN ONE / SN NOW|
|Saturday, Feb. 13||G League Ignite||7 p.m.||AdventHealth Arena||NBA TV Canada / TSN 2 / TSN Direct|
|Monday, Feb. 15||Santa Cruz Warriors||7 p.m.||AdventHealth Arena||NBA TV Canada / SN NOW|
|Wednesday, Feb. 17||Agua Caliente Clippers||11:30 a.m.||HP Fieldhouse||NBA TV Canada / SN ONE / SN NOW|
|Thursday, Feb. 18||Salt Lake City Stars||11:30 a.m.||HP Fieldhouse||NBA TV Canada / TSN 4 / TSN Direct|
|Sunday, Feb. 21||Fort Wayne Mad Ants||7:30 p.m.||HP Fieldhouse||Raptors905.com|
|Monday, Feb. 22||Memphis Hustle||7:30 p.m.||HP Fieldhouse||SN Now / Raptors905.com|
|Wednesday, Feb. 24||Delaware Blue Coats||7 p.m.||AdventHealth Arena||Raptors905.com|
|Friday, Feb. 26||Greensboro Swarm||7:30 p.m.||HP Fieldhouse||NBA TV Canada / Raptors905.com|
|Saturday, Feb. 27||Westchester Knicks||3 p.m.||AdventHealth Arena||NBA TV Canada / Raptors905.com / Twitch|
|Monday, Mar. 1||Canton Charge||3:30 p.m.||HP Fieldhouse||NBA TV Canada / SN ONE / SN NOW|
|Wednesday, Mar. 3||Oklahoma City Blue||7:30 p.m.||HP Fieldhouse||Raptors905.com|
|Thursday, Mar. 4||Iowa Wolves||3:30 p.m.||HP Fieldhouse||NBA TV Canada / TSN / TSN Direct|
|Saturday, Mar. 5||Lakeland Magic||11 a.m.||AdventHealth Arena||NBA TV Canada / TSN / TSN Direct|
Each team has a 15-game schedule and plays no team more than once. At the conclusion of the 15 games, the top eight teams will qualify for a single-elimination playoff that begins on Tuesday, Mar. 8.
- Raptors 905 opens the season with the Vipers, winners of the most recent G League title in 2019
- G League Ignite, a first-of-its-kind developmental squad that features several 2021 draft-eligible players like Jalen Green and Jonathan Kuminga, is third on the schedule of Raptors 905.
- Raptors 905 will see a few familiar faces throughout the year, most notably Santa Cruz Warriors guard Jeremy Lin (Feb. 15) and Fort Wayne Mad Ants forward Oshae Brissett (Feb. 21).
- Games will be played at HP Fieldhouse and AdventHealth Arena at Disney's Wide World of Sports.
- More information about broadcasts will be provided as it is made available.
The 2021 G League Championship game will be held on Friday, Mar. 11.
The views on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of the NBA or its clubs.