The Miami Heat are just one win away from the NBA Finals after hanging on to beat the Boston Celtics in Game 4, 112-109.
Rookie Tyler Herro was the star of Game 4, exploding for a career-high 37 points off the bench - the most by a rookie in a Conference Finals game ever.
After trailing by as many as 12 points, the Celtics rallied in the second half, with Jayson Tatum scoring all of his team-high 28 points in the final 24 minutes, but it wasn't enough.
If you missed any of the action we had you covered with live updates, highlights and more from this contest.
FINAL: Miami Heat 112, Boston Celtics 109
BOX SCORE | PLAY-BY-PLAY
- What a finish! The Heat now take a 3-1 series lead behind 37 points from rookie Tyler Herro. Jimmy Butler added 24 points, Goran Dragic 22 and Bam Adebayo 20!
- Jayson Tatum led the Celtics with 28 points, while Jaylen brown added 21 and Kemba Walker 20. can the Celtics find a way back into the series?
A career high 37 points couldn't have come at a better time for @raf_tyler!- Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) September 24, 2020
Watch his post Game 4 victory interview then hear from the rest of the guys in the live stream of our #HEATLive postgame show - https://t.co/TCvj7PnFWj pic.twitter.com/LpsrXcZKjl
- Butler gets another free throw to go down to put them up three with 1.1 on the clock. Boston tried to get it down court for a shot, but the Heat break up the play and seal the W.
- Butler gets two free throws to go down to put the Heat up four points 111-107 with 6.0 seconds to go.
- The Celtics are making things interesting! Jaylen Brown gets the triple from the corner to make it a three-point game, 107-104 with 16 seconds remaining.
- Tatum buries the triple and then gets the steal on the other end. He is fouled by Butler at the rim, but the Heat challenge the call. Heat lead 107-101. Jump ball. (0:29)
down to 6 pic.twitter.com/HwAX1OP7ks- Boston Celtics (@celtics) September 24, 2020
- Butler and Dragic are at it again late in the fourth quarter. They score on back-to-back possessions to extend the lead to 105-98 (1:36)
- Tatum gets the fadeaway to go to put a halt to the Heat's 7-0 run. He's scored all 20 of his points in the second half. Miami lead 91-87 (6:37)
- Yet another turnover for the Celtics, they're 17th of the game. Herro gets down the other end and finishes the reverse layup to make that 30 points for the rookie! (6:41)
- Tyler Herro isn't slowing down anytime soon! He's got a game-high 28 points!
25 points & counting. . . pic.twitter.com/g3GuiyxXta- Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) September 24, 2020
End of third quarter: Heat 77, Celtics 76
- The Celtics have turned things around in the third quarter after trailing by as many as 12 points. We've got a big finish coming up!
- Jayson Tatum came alive in the period, scoring all 16 of his points for the game in the quarter. He's now the team's leading scorer in the game.
1⃣6⃣ in the 3rd for Jayson Tatum! 😤- NBA (@NBA) September 24, 2020
📺: ESPN pic.twitter.com/vMHdf66epT
- Tyler Herro = playmaker
This angle is enjoyable 🔥 pic.twitter.com/nMJZflibKV- Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) September 24, 2020
- Hayward gets five quick points as the Celtics cut the lead to three points (2:57)
5 straight for Gordon Hayward.. 3-point game on ESPN! pic.twitter.com/fur3qLzvHm- NBA (@NBA) September 24, 2020
- Tatum gets his first points of the game, knocking down back-to-back triples. He's 2-of-9 from the field and 2-of-6 from deepTimeout Heat. (6:12)
back to back 👀 pic.twitter.com/u1BBIL0Yoe- Boston Celtics (@celtics) September 24, 2020
- Duncan Robinson knocks down three free throws after being fouled by Walker on a 3-point attempt. Miami now has thier largest lead of the series 55-46 (9:17)
Half-time: Heat 50, Celtics 44
- The Heat go into the half with a six-point lead, thanks to some big minutes from Tyler Herro, who leads his team with 15 points and five rebounds. Butler has 11 and Adebayo 10.
The 20-Year-old Vet was on another level in the 1st-half:- Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) September 24, 2020
15 Pts | 5 Rebs | 1 Ast pic.twitter.com/FSBdYSOxI3
- Kemba Walker leads the Celtics with 12 points, while Jaylen Brown has 10. Tatum goes into the half scoreless. He's settled for threes (0-4) rather than getting into the paint. Expect Brad Stevens to get him to attack the rim in the second half.
- It's been a scrappy start offensively for both teams, especially from the 3-point line. Boston has connected on just 5-of-19 of their threes, while the Heat are 4-of-17
Half-time team stats:
- It's been a rough shooting night for both teams from beyond the arc, but the Celtics' 10 turnovers have given the Heat a slight edge
- Jayson Tatum is still scoreless midway through the second quarter (0-of-6). Gordon Hayward checks into the game for Tatum (5:40)
- The Heat are making things happen with their zone defence, forcing the Celtics' fourth turnover of the quarter and seventh of the game (8:51)
- Tyler Herro is everywhere for the Heat. He gets the free-throw line jumper to off the broken play for his 11th points of the night! Timeout Celtics (9:07)
Baby goat'n em pic.twitter.com/N3YAERBMqX- Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) September 24, 2020
End of first quarter: Heat 24, Celtics 23
- The Heat take a one-point lead into the first break with Butler and Adebayo scoring six points apiece. Walker leads the Celtics with nine and Brown six.
- Robert Williams is giving the Celtics some nice early minutes with his activity around the rim. He's got four points and three rebounds all on the offensive end.
- Both teams are struggling from beyond the arc, with the Celtics shooting 2-of-8 and the Heat 2-of-7. Miami leads 22-20 (1:43)
- An aggressive start for Kemba Walker, he's scored nine points on 3-of-4 shooting (4:04)
- Jaylen Brown picks up two quick fouls in the first quarter
- Jimmy Butler's off to a fast start in Game 4, he's got six of Miami's 10 points
- The Celtics' are getting some clean looks thanks to their drive and kick game. Kemba gets open in the corner for three
drive- Boston Celtics (@celtics) September 24, 2020
splash 💦 pic.twitter.com/z1uGu1Gm7f
- Adebayo making his presence felt inside early for the Heat
💥 @Bam1of1 fadeaway >>> pic.twitter.com/zfsxdj6Glv- Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) September 24, 2020
- Jimmy Butler buries the fadeaway for the first points of the game and we're underway
#PlayoffJimmy going right to work 🔥🔥 pic.twitter.com/dEf4HXtK6T- Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) September 24, 2020
- Boston Celtics starters: Kemba Walker, Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown, Jayson Taum, and Daniel Theis
GAME 4 🔜#BleedGreen pic.twitter.com/E1sjZu77f6- Boston Celtics (@celtics) September 24, 2020
- Miami Heat starters: Goran Dragic, Duncan robinson, Jimmy Butler, Jae Crowder, and Bam Adebayo
The starters.#BOSvsMIA | Game 4️⃣ pic.twitter.com/tmvEfE4CQg- Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) September 24, 2020
- Jaylen Brown gets loose ahead of Game 4
Coming off 26 PTS and 3 STL in Game 3, Jaylen Brown and the @celtics look to even the series! ☘️- NBA (@NBA) September 24, 2020
ECF Game 4 tips NEXT on ESPN pic.twitter.com/bsaQ8zOYOd
- Chauncey Billups sits down with Heat big man Bam Adebayo ahead of Game 4
.@1MrBigShot sat down virtually with @MiamiHEAT center @Bam1of1 ahead of Eastern Conference Finals Game 4 through AT&T 5G HoloVision, powered by #5G technology! pic.twitter.com/N0jIbeuky0- NBA (@NBA) September 24, 2020
The views on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of the NBA or its clubs.