The Toronto Raptors and Philadelphia 76ers are set to face off in a decisive Game 7 following the Sixers convincing Game 6 win to tie the series.
It's the second time that these two teams will meet in a Game 7, as Philadelphia earned a one-point win over Toronto in Game 7 of the 2001 Eastern Conference Semifinals.
That instant classic is just a small moment within the storied history of the Sixers, who have played in 15 Game 7s all-time. The Raptors, on the other hand, have played in just four Game 7s all-time.
How has history favoured each team - and its players - in Game 7? Take a look back at the history of the Raptors and Sixers in Game 7…
Toronto Raptors Game 7 History and Facts
• The Raptors have appeared in four Game 7s in franchise history and have an all-time record of 2-2.
• Toronto's most recent Game 7 appearance was on May 16, 2016, when it defeated Miami in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals.
• The Raptors have played three of four Game 7s at home and are 2-1 in those games. The team's one Game 7 loss at home came to the Brooklyn Nets in the 2014 Eastern Conference First Round.
• Nine Raptors have appeared in a combined 21 Game 7s, compiling a record of 9-12.
• Kyle Lowry has appeared in four Game 7s, which is more than any other Raptor - one came as a member of the Rockets in 2009 while the three most recent Game 7s have come as a member the Raptors. Lowry is 2-2 all-time in Game 7s.
• Lowry scored 35 points in Toronto's most recent Game 7 victory over Miami in 2016.
• Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard played together in three Game 7s as members of the San Antonio Spurs - they amassed a record of 1-2.
• Serge Ibaka is 2-1 all-time in Game 7 - both of Ibaka's wins came against Marc Gasol, who is 0-3 all-time in Game 7.
• Norman Powell (2-0) and Patrick McCaw (1-0) have yet to lose a Game 7 in their young careers.
Philadelphia 76ers Game 7 History and Facts
• The 76ers have appeared in 15 Game 7s in franchise history and have an all-time record of 6-9; three of the games were played while the team played in Syracuse at the Nationals.
• Philadelphia's most recent Game 7 appearance was on May 26, 2012, when it lost to Boston in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals. Current Raptor Jodie Meeks was a member of the 2012 Sixers that pushed the Celtics to the limit.
• The Sixers have played nine of their 15 Game 7s on the road and are 1-8 in those games. The team's lone Game 7 road win came over the Celtics in the 1982 Eastern Conference Finals.
• Four Sixers have appeared in a combined eight Game 7s, compiling a record of 5-3.
• JJ Redick has appeared in four Game 7s, which is more than any other Sixer - one came as a member of the Magic in 2009 while his three most recent Game 7 appearances came when he was a member of the LA Clippers. Redick is 3-1 all-time in Game 7s.
• Amir Johnson has played in two Game 7s and is 1-1. Johnson recorded a 20-point, 10-rebound double-double as a member of the Raptors in their Game 7 loss to the Nets in 2014.
• Jimmy Butler is 1-0 in Game 7, as he played in all 48 minutes of the Chicago Bulls Game 7 victory over the Nets in the opening round of the 2013 NBA Playoffs.
• Mike Scott appeared in one Game 7 as a member of the Atlanta Hawks. He scored 15 points but the Hawks suffered a 12-point loss to the Indiana Pacers.
• Greg Monroe was a member of the 2018 Celtics that went 1-1 in Game 7s but did not log a minute in either game.