The Los Angeles Lakers take a commanding 3-1 series lead after holding off the Miami Heat in Game 4, 102-96.
LeBron James led the way with 28 points, 12 rebounds, and eight assists, while Anthony Davis added 22 points and nine rebounds, including a dagger 3-pointer down the stretch to seal the win.
Jimmy Butler scored a team-high 22 points to go with 10 rebounds and nine assists for the Heat. Tyler Herro added 21 points and Duncan Robinson 17.
If you missed any of the action, we've got you covered with all the live updates, stats, highlights, and news from Game 4:
FINAL: Lakers 102, Heat 96
BOX SCORE | PLAY-BY-PLAY
- That's game, the Lakers come up big down the stretch to seal the win and take a 3-1 series lead.
- AD sends Butler's shot away and the Lakers are home!
AD's CLUTCH BLOCK TO SEAL THE @LAKERS GAME 4 WIN! #NBAFINALS pic.twitter.com/YfY56KxGIj- NBA (@NBA) October 7, 2020
- The Lakers have turned the screws late in Game 4. Rondo's layup followed by a HUGE Anthony Davis 3-pointer puts them up by nine points as they explode on a late 10-3 run! (0.39)
- KCP AGAIN!!! He fakes the three and takes it straight to the cup! Lakers lead 95-88 (2:00)
KCP with back-to-back big buckets for the Lakers!@Lakers 95@MiamiHEAT 91- NBA (@NBA) October 7, 2020
1:37 to play on ABC pic.twitter.com/E3QsEp077V
- KCP drains the corner triple after the Lakers missed their first nine attempts from deep in the period. Huge bucket to put them up five (2:58)
- Tyler Herro is cooking in the fourth quarter! He hits the corner triple and then knocks down a pair of free throws to cut the lead to two points, 90-88 (3:39)
- The Lakers are outworking the Heat on the glass, creating extra possessions down the stretch. LeBron buries two free throws to put them up five. The Heat are already in the penalty (4:37)
- After the Heat struggled shooting from deep through three quarters, they've got it going in the fourth as Duncan Robinson gets one to go to cut the lead to two points (7:00)
Duncan Robinson banks in it from deep to beat the shot clock!@Lakers 85@MiamiHEAT 83- NBA (@NBA) October 7, 2020
6:08 left in Game 4 on ABC pic.twitter.com/O4xG9mLR9e
- AD gets up gingerly after getting tangled up with Alex Caruso. He's staying in the game.
- Herro gets his second triple of the game to go, cutting the lead to 81-78. Timeout Lakers (7:39). He's now got the most threes made in the playoffs by a rookie EVER.
Tyler Herro has made the most threes by a rookie in NBA playoff history.- StatMuse (@statmuse) October 7, 2020
44 and counting. pic.twitter.com/eV0CbDaOyE
- LeBron is in his BAG! He drills the turnaround fadeaway jumper with Butler draped over him. The Lakers take an 81-75 lead. Timeout Miami (8:46)
LeBron James goes to the turnaround fadeaway J! @Lakers 81@MiamiHEAT 75#NBAFinals on ABC pic.twitter.com/6UCsPP365Q- NBA (@NBA) October 7, 2020
- Herro splashes the triple! Miami have shot just 7-of-26 from the 3-point line and 24-of-62 from the field.
Baby Goat from RANGE- Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) October 7, 2020
End of third quarter: Lakers 75, Heat 70
- Anthony Davis' two late free throws put the Lakers up by five heading into the final frame. AD now has 17 points and 8 rebounds.
KCP draws the defense and kicks to AD for 3! #NBAFinals@Lakers 71@MiamiHEAT 70- NBA (@NBA) October 7, 2020
Game 4 on ABC pic.twitter.com/vbvhRp9HgY
- Late in the quarter, free throws have kept the Heat in the game. They're 16-of-20, while the Lakers are 3-of-5 (2:27)
- LeBron cans a pair of deep 3-pointers! He's starting to heat up and now has 17 points (6:44)
LeBron James ... from the hotel room!- Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) October 7, 2020
(📺: ABC) pic.twitter.com/CROlx8HvDz
- Seven-straight points from the Lakers as they extend their lead to five points, 59-54. Timeout Miami (7:22)
- Morris starts the third in place of Dwight Howard and knocks down his second three-pointer of the game as the Lakers go small (9:19)
- Herro gets the rainbow floater to go!
The ball hit the ceiling.- Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) October 7, 2020
- Alex Caruso appeared to suffer a hip injury late in the second quarter trying to fight over a Butler screen. He is expected to continue in Game 4.
Alex Caruso has a right hip contusion - he'll be available to return but will continue getting some attention from the medical staff thru the game- Rachel Nichols (@Rachel__Nichols) October 7, 2020
Half-time: Lakers 49, Heat 47
The Lakers take a two-point lead into the break after the Heat win the quarter 25-22. KCP leads the way with 10 points, while LeBron, AD, and Danny Green have eight points apiece.
Butler leads the Heat with 13 points. Adebayo and Duncan Robinson have nine each.
The Lakers did a great job on Butler defensively in the second quarter, limiting him to just two points after scoring 11 in the opening quarter.
Halftime team stats:
- Frank Vogel successfully challenges a potential foul on LeBron James as the Lakers lead 46-45 (1:40)
- Rajon Rondo has made an instant impact in the second quarter with some hustle plays, offensive rebounds and a couple of dimes.
Playoff Rondo! 🔥pic.twitter.com/MN6GHl63pC- Fanáticos de Los Lakers (@LakersFanaticos) October 7, 2020
- Markieff Morris buries his first triple of the game to tie the score at 39-39. Timeout Miami (6:33)
- LeBron James is again struggling with turnovers for the second-straight game. He's got five midway through the second to go with eight points, three rebounds, and four assists. He heads to the bench (6:54)
- The Heat start the quarter on an 11-2 run. Duncan Robinson kick-started things with three free throws after being fouled behind the arc by Kyle Kuzma, followed by triples from Kendrick Nunn and Andre Iguodala. They lead 33-29. Timeout Lakers (9:53)
Robinson finds Iguodala beyond the arc... 11-2 @MiamiHEAT run! #NBAFinals- NBA (@NBA) October 7, 2020
📺: ABC pic.twitter.com/pyi6gMnI8K
End of first quarter: Lakers 27, Heat 22
The Lakers take a five-point lead into the break led by 10 points from Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. Turnovers have again been an issue for LA with seven in the opening 12 minutes, three coming from LeBron.
Butler is off to a fast start for the Heat with 11 points on 5-of-5 shooting.
Jimmy Butler picks up where he left off, going for 11 PTS on 5-5 shooting in the opening quarter of Game 4!#NBAFinals on ABC pic.twitter.com/zUdCuvXUdo- NBA (@NBA) October 7, 2020
- Butler is doing a great job getting to the rim as he hunts switches to get away from Davis. He leads the Heat with seven points on 3-of-3 shooting (2:50)
- LeBron James gets the steal and hammers it home! (5:57)
FLIP THE CHANNEL TO THE NBA FINALS ON ABC NOW! 📺🍿- NBA (@NBA) October 7, 2020
LeBron James with the steal and POWERFUL SLAM for the @Lakers! 😤#NBAFinals presented by YouTube TV pic.twitter.com/TkMBr15shG
- Davis has started the game guarding Butler as they look to take the Heat star out of the game from the jump. Timeout Miami (6:31)
- KCP is making the Heat pay early as they help off him in the corner. He's got eight of the Lakers' first 10 points to start the game. He struggled in Game 3, with just five points on 1-of-5 shooting
- Butler comes out aggressive to start Game 4, blowing past Howard for the and-1 finish! (9:33)
- Three early turnovers for the Lakers in the first quarter. They had 10 in the opening period of Game 3
- Bam Adebayo makes his presence felt from the jump, scoring the first points of the game and we're underway! (11:37)
Back in the starting lineup, Bam opens the scoring in Game 4! #NBAFinals- NBA (@NBA) October 7, 2020
📺: ABC pic.twitter.com/ZxjUmzu4pq
- Los Angeles Lakers starters: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, danny Green, LeBron James, Anthony Davis, and Dwight Howard
- Miami Heat starters: Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson, Jimmy Butler, Jae Crowder, and Bam Adebayo
Got our All-Star back 💥#HEATFirstFive pic.twitter.com/DqpFkCzwz2- Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) October 7, 2020
- Bam Adebayo is BACK for Game 4!
Warming up and ready to go for Game 4@Bam1of1 | #NBAFinals pic.twitter.com/Y38pNxty9H- Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) October 7, 2020
- After testing his injury in warm-ups, Goran Dragic remains sidelined
#LALvsMIA INJURY UPDATE: Bam Adebayo (neck strain) will play in tonight's #NBAFinals Game 4 vs the Lakers.- Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) October 6, 2020
Goran Dragic (foot) has been ruled out.
Ahead of Game 4, re-live all the action from the Heat's Game 3 victory.
#NBAFinals Game 3 Mini-Movie 📽️@JimmyButler put out a legendary performance in the @MiamiHEAT's Game 3 victory, with 40 PTS, 11 REB and 13 AST to become only the third player in NBA Finals history with a 40-point triple-double!- NBA (@NBA) October 6, 2020
GAME 4 COMING UP at 9:00 PM ET on ABC. pic.twitter.com/UnaVuByH7C
The views on this page do not necessarily represent the views of the NBA or its clubs.