The 2021 NBA Draft will take place on Thursday, July 29, 2021 and following the NBA Draft Lottery, the order is now set.
The Toronto Raptors moved up in the darft, earning the No. 4 overall pick.
Entering the lottery, Toronto had a 31.9 percent chance at earning a top four pick in the NBA Draft. 2021 marks the third time that the Raptors have owned the fourth selection. The last time Toronto selected fourth, it used the pick to select Chris Bosh in 2003.
The top 4 picks of the 2021 #NBADraftLottery Presented by State Farm. pic.twitter.com/YDUWROPZ0L- NBA (@NBA) June 23, 2021
While the team missed the NBA Playoffs for the first time since 2013, it's been just five years since Toronto last made a draft selection in the lottery. In 2016, the Raptors used the No. 9 pick (that was acquired via a 2013 trade) to select Jakob Poeltl from the University of Utah.
Below, find a complete history of top-10 selections made by the Raptors over the course of the franchise's history.
|1999||5||Jonathan Bender (traded to Indiana)||-|
|1998||4||Antawn Jamison (traded to Golden State)||-|
- Jamison was dealt on draft night in exchange for Vince Carter, who was selected No. 5 overall in the same draft.
- Bender was traded to the Pacers in exchange for veteran Antonio Davis.
- Stoudamire, Camby, Carter, Bosh, Villanueva and Bargnani each earned All-Rookie First Team Selections. Valanciunas was a Second Team selection.
- Stoudamire and Carter are the only two players in Raptors history to earn Rookie of the Year honours.
- McGrady (Class of 2017) and Bosh (Class of 2021) are the first two Raptors draft selections to get selected to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.
The views on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of the NBA or its clubs.