NBA Digital, jointly managed by the NBA and Turner Sports, has debuted a newly redesigned NBA App and NBA.com for NBA fans globally, featuring new and expanded features on NBA League Pass and NBA TV in time for the NBA season tip-off on Wednesday, Dec. 22 (ET).
Watch live games on your favourite device with NBA League Pass
Building off the success of the 2019-20 NBA season restart, new features this season will include enhanced optionality on the platforms, additional alternative streams for select games within NBA League Pass, interactive game overlays, the ability to temporarily download games for offline viewing and more options that will enhance the multi-platform experience.
The redesigned app comes as the NBA expands its digital offerings by unifying the league's international and domestic digital products - including NBA.com, the NBA App, NBA Fantasy and other NBA digital products - providing fans with a consistent, premium experience and access to the NBA's full global content archives.
Enhancements across NBA League Pass and NBA TV on NBA.com and the NBA App include:
- Interactive overlays: New and enhanced interactive game overlays entertaining fans with stats, quizzes, polls and in-game highlights
- Downloadable games: Games will now be available to temporarily download for viewing offline and on-the-go for League Pass subscribers.
- Alternative streams (select games):
- NBABet Stream: Introduced during the restart, fans in the U.S. will have the opportunity to watch alternate betting-focused telecasts for select games on NBA League Pass and NBA TV. Expert analysis will be featured from talent across various platforms, which included Bleacher Report, The Action Network, Yahoo Sports, and others during the restart, will provide fans with unique insights while overlays featuring betting odds are displayed throughout the matchups.
- Sideline Stream: Popular alternate angles - Rail Cam and Courtside Cam - will be featured in a new option that brings fans closer to the game.
- Influencers Stream: Influencers and media personalities, Nate Duncan and Danny Leroux, will engage fans across social media during their weekly game calls on NBA League Pass. Additional influencers will make appearances on special NBA League Pass and NBA TV feeds during the season as well.
- Alternative audio (select games): Fans in the U.S will now have access to expanded language options, including Portuguese, Spanish and Korean.
- Condensed games: Condensed games on NBA League Pass have been expanded to include game highlights dedicated to the home team, away team and all possessions.
NBA League Pass will once again showcase more than 800 exclusive live NBA games, original programming and an extensive list of on-demand video content with advanced viewing options via mobile devices, connected devices, gaming consoles, tablets and web browsers. Additional information on subscription packages are available here.
The NBA tips off its regular season with Kia NBA Tip-Off 2020 on Tuesday, Dec. 22 on TNT featuring the Golden State Warriors visiting the Brooklyn Nets (7:00 p.m. ET) and the defending NBA champion Los Angeles Lakers taking on the LA Clippers (10:00 p.m. ET).
About NBA Digital
NBA Digital is the NBA's extensive cross-platform portfolio of digital assets jointly managed by the NBA and Turner Sports, including NBA TV, the NBA App, NBA.com, NBA League Pass and NBAGLEAGUE.com