Well, that was fun.
Prior to the 2021 NBA All-Star Game, a number of players battled it out in the Taco Bell Skills Challenge and MTN DEW 3-Point Contest.
Indiana Pacers centre Domantas Sabonis defeated Orlando Magic centre Nikola Vucevic to win the Skills Challenge while Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry defeated Utah Jazz guard Mike Conley Jr. to win the 3-Point Contest.
Check below for updates from each event.
2021 MTN DEW 3-Point Contest
- Goodness. It comes down to the last shot and ... Stephen Curry drains it. 28 points wins it. It's Curry's second time winning the 3-Point Contest.
STEPH CALLS GAME 🚨- Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) March 8, 2021
HE WINS THE 3PT CONTEST pic.twitter.com/6qRyBlFK9g
- Alright, it's down to Stephen Curry. Mike Conley Jr. has set the bar high at 27.
- Jayson Tatum comes out first and scores 17 points. He went 0-for-5 on the moneyball rack. Tough to bounce back from that.
- Advancing to the final round: Stephen Curry, Mike Conley Jr. and Jayson Tatum. It should be a good one.
- So, uh, Stephen Curry can shoot. He puts up 31 points and makes it look easy. Unfair.
CURRY FLURRY@StephenCurry30 drops 31 points in Round 1 of the 3-Point Contest ☔️ pic.twitter.com/DrinkCauqU- Golden State Warriors (@warriors) March 8, 2021
- A slow start and a strong finish for Donovan Mitchell. He's tied with Zach LaVine for third place with 22 points.
- Wow. We have a new front-runner: 28 points for Mike Conley Jr. He went a perfect 5-for-5 on the moneyball rack.
"Those Utah guys, they ain't here to play no games!" @MCONLEY10 with a 28-point first round! pic.twitter.com/8IJIPO0OCv- utahjazz (@utahjazz) March 8, 2021
- Zach LaVine closes strong to finish with 22 points, putting him in second place with three more shooters to go.
LaVine was heating on the final racks 👀- Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) March 8, 2021
He gets 22 pic.twitter.com/Cyc5Ha33gF
- A big-time performance from Jayson Tatum in the first round, putting up 25 points.
Tatum finishes with 25 in the first round 🔥#MtnDew3PT pic.twitter.com/up2vXyRzSf- Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) March 8, 2021
- Minus this...
Jaylen Brown trying for the And-1 in the #MtnDew3PT contest 🤣 pic.twitter.com/XfbcOZIRXt- NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) March 8, 2021
...a solid showing from Jaylen Brown, who finishes with 17 points.
- Jaylen Brown is up first!
2021 Taco Bell Skills Challenge
- The 2021 Taco Bell Skills Challenge is ... Domantas Sabonis!
A runner-up last season, this is his first time winning the event. Sabonis is also the first Pacer to win the event.
.@Dsabonis11 is this year's #TacoBellSkills champion! 🏆#NBAAllStar pic.twitter.com/8aIPc5LGrd- NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) March 8, 2021
- Chris Paul had the lead ... and missed a layup. Nikola Vucevic takes advantage and advances to the Finals, where he'll take on Domantas Sabonis.
Who said this is a guard's league?
Came up short in the #TacoBellSkills finals.- Orlando Magic (@OrlandoMagic) March 8, 2021
But @NikolaVucevic got there with an impressive second round W over CP3. pic.twitter.com/AvV137XUqg
- Domantas Sabonis defeats Luka Doncic to advance to the Finals! Doncic had no chance.
Round 2 vs. Luka was a breeze for @Dsabonis11 😎#NBAAllStar | #PacersAllStar pic.twitter.com/LNB3lIT2zj- Indiana Pacers (@Pacers) March 8, 2021
- It's bigs against guards. Nikola Vucevic eliminates Robert Covington to face Chris Paul in the second round.
🚨 @NikolaVucevic is in the #TacoBellSkills Final Round 🚨- Orlando Magic (@OrlandoMagic) March 8, 2021
Here's his Round 1 win pic.twitter.com/y4KozewZbj
- Domantas Sabonis takes out Julius Randle with ease in the first round, setting him up for a matchup with Luka Doncic in the second round.
- Robert Covington made a big announcement before the Skills Challenge.
In today's @NBAAllStar Skills Competition, @Holla_At_Rob33 will be wearing his Tennessee State jersey & just surprised two virtual fans, who are also students at Tennessee State, with $25K scholarships each ❤️ pic.twitter.com/04n08SCKbI- Portland Trail Blazers (@trailblazers) March 7, 2021
- The bracket has been set!
Indiana Pacers centre Domantas Sabonis will take on New York Knicks centre Julius Randle in the first round. The winner will then take on Dallas Mavericks guard Luka Doncic in the second round.
On the other side of the bracket, Orlando Magic centre Nikola Vucevic will face Portland Trail Blazers forward Robert Covington in the first round, with the winner facing Phoenix Suns guard Chris Paul in the second round.
🌟 The #TacoBellSkills Bracket! 🌟@Dsabonis11 vs. @J30_RANDLE- NBA (@NBA) March 6, 2021
➡️ Winner vs. @luka7doncic @NikolaVucevic vs. @Holla_At_Rob33
➡️ Winner vs. @CP3
1st Round byes were determined by number of #NBAAllStar appearances, with Luka Doncic getting the tiebreaker as a starter. pic.twitter.com/rh3cRkFvuv
The views on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of the NBA or its clubs.