We're just over a week away from the release of NBA 2K22, set for Friday, Sept. 10.
As the release date draws near, NBA 2K has unveiled the long-awaited trailer for the newest edition of the best-selling basketball video game in the world, giving fans a glimpse of updated graphics, gameplay and features.
Check out the trailer below:
NBA 2K22 trailer
And while you can see some updated movements in the trailer - compared to last year's edition of the game - NBA 2K has also announced a list of updated gameplay features that diehards fans can read up on before they get their hands on the new game.
You can find an outline for the new gameplay innovations below:
NBA 2K22 gameplay innovations
- Defence & Defensive AI: Completely rebuilt shot contest and blocking systems, a significant update to the fundamental defensive rotations, and much more.
- Dribbling: Players will experience a unique feel and rhythm when sizing up, significantly faster overall pace and much tighter control in navigating the court, and a ton of other new combos, cancels, and move chains.
- Post Play: Upgrades highlight loads of new content, including new movement and a new arsenal of back-to-basket moves.
- Shooting: There's a new shot meter that will dynamically expand when players take high-quality shots with good shooters but will shrink when heavily contested, shooting with a low-rated shooter, or fatigued. NBA 2K22 puts more emphasis on Shot IQ, meaning the teams that work for open looks and take smart shots are going to see much more success than the teams that force up bad shots.
- Finishing: Along with a focus on creating more of a skill gap for finishing at the rim, players can also completely customize their dunk repertoire with an all-new Dunk Style Creator.
- Builds, Badges & Takeover: Adjustments to create more balanced builds, and an increase of the total badge count to 80, offer many ways for players to impact the game. Additionally, NBA 2K22 for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles introduces Takeover Perks*, which you can unlock to strengthen your existing Takeover abilities.
*Gameplay feature available only in the new-generation version of NBA 2K22. PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S required to play the new-generation version of NBA 2K22.
For full details on the latest gameplay innovations coming to NBA 2K22, check out the latest Courtside Report.