Let the farewell tour commence. 12-time All-Star Dwyane Wade is returning for a 16th NBA season, one he says will be his last.
One Last Dance. https://t.co/amr0xjgDun pic.twitter.com/flRbAK6X8m- DWade (@DwyaneWade) September 17, 2018
Wade, the fifth overall pick in the 2003 draft, has played 876 of 982 career regular season games with the Miami Heat. After one full season with the Chicago Bulls and 46 games with the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Heat re-acquired the 36-year-old at the 2018 trade deadline.
The 2017-18 season saw Wade average 11.4 points, 3.8 rebounds and 3.4 assists over 67 games. In 21 regular season games with the Heat, Wade averaged 12.0 points, 3.4 rebounds, and 3.1 assists per contest.
The three-time champion showed he still has a little left in the tank during the playoffs, delivering a vintage 28-point, 7-rebound performance in Miami's Game 2 win over Philadelphia in the first round. In five postseason games, Wade averaged 16.6 points, 4.2 rebounds and 3.6 assists.
Wade is currently the Heat's franchise leader in a number of statistical categories including games played, minutes played, points, assists and steals. He has scored 20,473 of his 22,082 career points while wearing a Miami uniform.
As Wade is set to embark on his final NBA season, here's a look back at his career…
Stats and Career Highlights
• Career regular season averages: 22.5 ppg, 5.5 apg, 4.7 rpg, 1.6 spg
• Career playoff averages: 22.3 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 4.9 rpg, 1.5 spg
• 3x NBA Champion (2006, 2012, 2013)
• 2008 Gold Medalist
• 2006 NBA Finals MVP
• 2004 All-Rookie First Team
• 12x NBA All-Star
• 2010 All-Star Game MVP
• 8x All-NBA (2x All-NBA First Team)
• 2009 Scoring Champion (30.2 ppg)
• 3x All-Defensive Second Team
All-Time Heat Records
• 1st in games played - 876
• 1st in minutes played - 31,027
• 1st in points - 20,473
• 1st in field goals made - 7,426
• 1st in free throws made - 5,226
• 1st in assists - 5,009
• 1st in steals - 1,433
• 2nd in blocks - 774
• 4th in rebounds - 4,197