With just over a month remaining in the 2019-20 NBA season, we've officially entered the stretch run as a number of teams make their final playoff push.
As it stands, the Memphis Grizzlies, Portland Trail Blazers, Sacramento Kings, San Antonio Spurs and New Orleans Pelicans are fighting for the West's No. 8 seed and a likely opening-round meeting with Anthony Davis, LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers.
At this point of the season, every win and loss matters for the teams fighting for eighth.
Three of the above five were in action Sunday, with Memphis and Portland as the two idle teams.
Here's how each of the three fared.
- New Orleans Pelicans def. Minnesota Timberwolves, 120-107
- Cleveland Cavaliers def. San Antonio Spurs, 132-129 [OT]
- Toronto Raptors def. Sacramento Kings 118-113
Western Conference Standings
Take a look at the impact the above results had on the Western Conference standings:
|9||New Orleans Pelicans||28||36||.438||4|
|11||Portland Trail Blazers||28||37||.431||4.5|
|12||San Antonio Spurs||26||36||.419||5|
According to FiveThirtyEight's NBA Predictions model.
New Orleans Pelicans - 62%
Memphis Grizzlies - 18%
Portland Trail Blazers - 10%
Sacramento Kings - 8%
San Antonio Spurs - 1%
Notable Remaining Meetings
- Mar. 12 @ Portland Trail Blazers
- Mar. 16 @ San Antonio Spurs
- Mar. 21 vs. New Orleans Pelicans
- Mar. 24 @ New Orleans Pelicans
- Apr. 5 @ Portland Trail Blazers
New Orleans Pelicans
- Mar. 11 @ Sacramento Kings
- Mar. 18 vs. San Antonio Spurs
- Mar. 21 @ Memphis Grizzlies
- Mar. 22 vs. Sacramento Kings
- Mar. 24 vs. Memphis Grizzlies
- Apr. 5 @ San Antonio Spurs
- Apr. 9 vs. Phoenix Suns
- Apr. 15 @ San Antonio Spurs
- Mar. 22 @ New Orleans Pelicans
- Mar. 31 vs. San Antonio Spurs
- Apr. 7 @ San Antonio Spurs
Portland Trail Blazers
- Mar. 10 vs. Phoenix Suns
- Mar. 12 vs. Memphis Grizzlies
- Apr. 5 vs. Memphis Grizzlies
San Antonio Spurs
- Mar. 16 vs. Memphis Grizzlies
- Mar. 18 @ New Orleans Pelicans
- Mar. 31 @ Sacramento Kings
- Apr. 7 vs. Sacramento Kings
The views on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of the NBA or its clubs.