The 2021 NBA G League season begins on Wednesday, Feb. 10 at the Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, FL.
Much like the NBA, which had 19 Canadian players on opening-night rosters, there will be plenty of Canadian representation in the upcoming G League season, with nine players across six different teams. Most recently, Montreal's Chris Boucher and Luguentz Dort carved their respective paths to the NBA through excellent play at the G League level.
Below, find the list of Canadian players that will participate in the upcoming G League Bubble.
|Ignas Brazdeikis||Westchester Knicks||Assignment||Oakville, ON*|
|Oshae Brissett||Fort Wayne Mad Ants||Draft Pick||Mississauga, ON|
|Nate Darling||Greensboro Swarm||Two-Way||Halifax, NS|
|Justin Jackson||Lakeland Magic||Returning Rights||Toronto, ON|
|Karim Mané||Lakeland Magic||Two-Way||Montreal, QC*|
|Naz Mitrou-Long||Fort Wayne Mad Ants||Affiliate||Mississauga, ON|
|Simisola Shittu||Westchester Knicks||Returning Rights (via trade)||Burlington, ON*|
|Nik Stauskas||Raptors 905||NBA Vet Exception||Mississauga, ON|
|Lindell Wigginton||Iowa Wolves||Returning Rights||Dartmouth, NS|
*Brazdeikis was born in Kaunas, Lithuania
*Mané was born in Dakar, Senegal
*Shittu was born in Harrow, London, England
A closer look…
- Brazdeikis is on assignment from the New York Knicks but is on a standard NBA contract.
- Brissett was the lone Canadian selected in the past G League Draft and was taken 19th overall.
- Both Darling (Charlotte Hornets) and Mané (Orlando Magic) are on two-way contracts with their respective franchises and can be called up to the NBA at any point of the G League season, or at the conclusion.
- Jackson was selected with the No. 43 overall pick in the 2018 NBA Draft but injuries have limited his career with the Magic organization up to this point.
- Mitrou-Long was on a two-way contract with the Indiana Pacers organization last season, appearing in five games with Indiana and 15 games with Fort Wayne in 2019-20
- Shittu, 21, was acquired by the Westchester Knicks via trade. He averaged 12.3 points and 6.4 rebounds with the Windy City Bulls in the 2019-20 season.
- Stauskas, the No. 8 overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft, is an NBA Veteran Exception for Raptors 905 as he is a native of Mississauga.
- Wigginton returns to the Iowa Wolves after averaging 15.3 points, 3.7 rebounds and 3.6 assists over 42 G League games in 2019-20.
The views on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of the NBA or its clubs.