The Miami Heat are heading back to the NBA Finals for the first time since 2014!
After a tight game through three quarters, the Heat dominated the fourth, outscoring the Celtics 37-27 to secure a 125-113 win.
Bam Adebayo turned in a huge performance to close out the series, with 32 points, 14 rebounds, and five assists, leading six Heat players in double figures.
Jaylen Brown led the Celtics with 26 points, while Jayson Tatum added 24 points and 11 rebounds. Kemba Walker and Marcus Smart chipped in 20 points apiece.
If you missed any of the action, we've got you covered with all the highlights and stats below:
FINAL: Heat 125, Celtics 113
BOX SCORE | PLAY-BY-PLAY
- Adebayo caps off his monster game with a dunk1 He came up huge for the Heat to close out the series, recording 32 points, 14 rebounds, and five assists, leading six Heat players in double figures.
- Miami has turned it on down the stretch, going on a 26-6 run since the 8:48 mark of the quarter. They lead 116-102
- Herro's got 10 points in the fourth and 17 for the game. Miami opens up thier largest lead of the game 112-110 (3:31)
- Robinson cans a triple and Herro gets a tough layup to go.... all of a sudden the Heat are back up by seven 109-102. Timeout Celtics (4:31)
Duncan Robinson extends the @MiamiHEAT lead late in Game 6 on ESPN! pic.twitter.com/S5b9t9icQm- NBA (@NBA) September 28, 2020
- Theis picks up his sixth foul and he's done for the night. (5:40)
- Adebayo's got the Het back in front with a string of big plays. He gets two quick buckets and finds Butler with the left hand wrap around dime (5:55)
Adebayo s the first Miami player with 30+ points and 10+ rebounds in a playoff game since LeBron James in 2014.
IT'S BAM TIME 💥- Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) September 28, 2020
30 Pts | 11 Rebs | 2Asts pic.twitter.com/Zi5PJlk4ib
- Back-to-back jumpers from Tyler Herro and the game is tied at 96-96 (7:40)
Tyler Herro back-to-back big buckets in the 4th! #NBAPlayoffs @celtics 100@MiamiHEAT 98- NBA (@NBA) September 28, 2020
6:20 left on ESPN pic.twitter.com/q7J6hHkOKp
- Brown gets another steal and lays it in as the Celtics open up their biggest lead of the game at 96-90. They've started the quarter on a 10-2 run, part of a 20-6 run going back to the third quarter. (9:04)
J.B. swipe and score... 20-6 @celtics run has them up 6 with 9 minutes left on ESPN!#NBAPlayoffs #WholeNewGame pic.twitter.com/qoiyw7KP5v- NBA (@NBA) September 28, 2020
- Jaylen Brown throws it down! He's not happy with the lack of foul calls and is receiving medical attention on his left knee after his legs were taken out. He's staying in the game (11:09)
JB ‼️‼️ pic.twitter.com/rIc0gGSUBx- Boston Celtics (@celtics) September 28, 2020
End of third quarter: Heat 88, Celtics 86
- An even quarter at 26 apiece as the Heat cling onto a two-point lead
- Brown came up with a pair of big plays late in the period to steady the ship for Boston. He gets the offensive rebound and the putback and follows it up with an and-1 finish to cut the lead to two points (1:00)
- Iggy can't miss! Another triple goes down and the Celtics call timeout (4:20)
He's scored 14 points in 13 minutes off the bench (5-of-5), for his highest score of the season. He's a team-high +12
Andre Iguodala's a perfect 4-4 from 3-point land! 🔥🔥@celtics 74@MiamiHEAT 82- NBA (@NBA) September 28, 2020
📺: ESPN pic.twitter.com/uOjnkoMjDn
- Iguodala connects on another triple. The Celtics have to respect him from deep if he's going to keep letting it fly. He's got 11 points on 100% shooting (5:18)
- Make that four fouls on Kemba Walker. Theis has four for the Celtics as well. Walker heads to the bench, but Theis remains in the game (9:11)
- Marcus Smart is heating up. He's got a team-high 16 points
Marcus Smart (16 PTS) hangs and gets it to drop!@celtics 69@MiamiHEAT 74#NBAPlayoffs on ESPN pic.twitter.com/CfBmtth1q7- NBA (@NBA) September 28, 2020
Half-time: Heat 62, Celtics 60
- After a slow start for both teams, the Heat take a two-point lead into the break. Adebayo leads the way for Miami with 16 points, while Butler has 13.
- Tatum came to life in the second period and has stuffed the stat sheet through two quarters. He's got 12 points, eight assists, six rebounds, and two steals. Smart has 12 points and Brown 10.
Half-time team stats:
- Kemba Walker picks up his third foul and Dragic goes to the line (0.7)
- After starting off 0-of-7 Tatum has hit four of his last five shots. Boston is now 11-of-22 from the 3-point line. (3:12)
- Miami's gone to their zone defence but the Celtics are moving the ball well and getting great looks inside and from beyond the arc. Theis' work as a screener is making things happen for Boston. The lead is just two points after Tatum gets the steal and slam (5:53)
JT SLAM pic.twitter.com/orY7iQplP3- Boston Celtics (@celtics) September 28, 2020
- Butler gets free on the backdoor cut and gets his 13th point of the night. Timeout Celtics (7:09)
😤 OUR LEADER 😤 pic.twitter.com/KsNXaK9ha5- Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) September 28, 2020
- Tatum gets his first bucket of the game, burying the 3-pointer. He's 1-of-8 from the field, but has six assists and four rebounds. Will we see another big second half from the All-Star? (8:29)
- Butler continues to be aggressive getting to the rim. He's got 11 points on 5-for-7 shooting. The Heat are shooting 56% from the field early in the second (9:55)
End of first quarter: Heat 33, Celtics 27
- Dragic follows it up with another triple and after missing their first four triples, the Heat have hit five in a row and now open up a seven-point lead, 33-24 (1;25)
- Iguodala knocks down his second triple of the game after going 2-of-10 for the series. If he keeps hitting from deep that's going to be huge for Miami (2:10)
- It's been another slow start for Jayson Tatum. He's 0-of-4 from the field so far. (3:14)
- Enes Kanter checks into the game against the Heat's smaller lineup, with Crowder and Iguodala the tallest players on the floor for Miami. He's given the Celtics some big mintes in the series and grabs an offensive rebound right away (6:02)
- Smart his another and gives Boston the lead 15-14. TImeout Miami (6:02)
back to back 👌🏾👌🏾 pic.twitter.com/z8D2FwPFQp- Boston Celtics (@celtics) September 28, 2020
- Butler's got it going early for the Heat with six points on 3-of-4 shooting
Early B-U-C-K-E-T-S 🏀#BOSvsMIA: We're trailing by one with 6:02 to play in the 1st Q. Jimmy has 6 Pts. pic.twitter.com/yAZ8dHCSJw- Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) September 27, 2020
- Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart connect on back-to-back triples after the Celtics missed their first six attempts from deep (7:14)
- We're just 4 minutes into the game and Kemba Walker picks up his second foul. This time on Goran Dragic, who hits both at the line. (8:05)
- Bam Adebayo gets fouled and buries two free throws for the first points of the game. We're underway in Game 6.
- Boston Celtics starter: Kemba Walker, Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, and Daniel Theis
Starters for Game 6️⃣ pic.twitter.com/MTmZ5IdY0O- Boston Celtics (@celtics) September 27, 2020
- Miami Heat starters: Goran Dragic, Duncan Robinson, Jimmy Butler, Jae Crowder, and Bam Adebayo
Focused. #HEATFirstFive | Game 6️⃣ pic.twitter.com/tDyuFa8bpm- Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) September 27, 2020
- Check in with Celtics point guard Kemba Walker ahead of Game 6
Kemba Walker says the Celtics must replicate their second-half performance from Game 5 from the jump of tonight's Game 6. pic.twitter.com/87kwgfSV9p- Boston Celtics (@celtics) September 27, 2020
The views on this page do not necessarily represent the views of the NBA or its clubs.