For the first time in 11 years, the Australian Opals have defeated the United States Women's National Team in an exhibition contest.
Led by 17 points from Ezi Magbegor, the Opals earned an impressive comeback victory over Team USA, which was led by a 17-point, 12-rebound double-double from reigning WNBA Finals MVP Breanna Stewart.
If you missed any of the action, we've got you covered below with score updates, news, stats, highlights and more from throughout the exhibition.
Australian Opals vs. Team USA
Final: Australian Opals 70, Team USA 67
- After a turnover from Leilani Mitchell, Team USA had a chance to tie, but a step back triple from Breanna Stewart doesn't go.
For the first time since 2010, the Opals have defeated Team USA in an exhibition contest.
Ezi Magbegor led the way for Australia with 17 points, while Bec Allen added 11 points and Steph Talbot chipped in with 10 points. For Team USA, Stewart led the way with 17 points and 12 boards, while A'ja Wilson was the only other player in double figures with 12 points.
What a game.
- With 39.9 seconds in regulation the Opals still lead 70-66.
Can they hold on?
- Here's the situation: Australia leads 70-66 with 1:21 remaining.
Team USA has the ball and looks to cut the deficit, but time is not on its side.
- As the game winds down, Australia is holding on to a narrow advantage.
The Opals lead Team USA 66-62 with 3:29 to go in regulation.
Ezi Magbegor is up to a game-high 15 points, Bec Allen has added 11 points and Steph Talbot is up to 10 points in the game.
Buckle up, people, we're in for a big finish.
- Don't look now, but Australia has regained the lead.
With 8:07 remaining in regulation, the Opals lead Team USA 59-58.
This is getting good.
End of Third Quarter: Team USA 56, Australian Opals 51
- The Opals are not going away!
Australia closes the third frame on a 12-4 run to cut the deficit to four with one quarter to play.
Ezi Magbegor (13 points) and Bec Allen (11 points) lead the way for the Opals, while Team USA is paced by 14 points from Breanna Stewart and 12 points from A'ja Wilson.
This should be a fun finish to follow.
- Team USA remains in command midway through the third quarter.
Team USA leads 52-39 with 4:52 remaining in the third frame.
A'ja Wilson, who is up to 10 points on the night, joins Breanna Stewart in double figures for Team USA, while Ezi Magbegor is up to 13 points to lead the way for the Opals.
Halftime: Team USA 41, Australian Opals 28
- The United States close the half on a 9-0 run, building a 13-point lead over the Opals, who managed just nine points in the second quarter.
Breanna Stewart enters the half with 14 points (on 5-for-9 shooting) and eight rebounds, while Brittney Griner and Chelsea Gray have each scored six points.
For the Opals, Ezi Magbegor leads the way with eight points (on 3-for-4 shooting), while Steph Talbot and Jenna O'Hea have scored six points apiece.
20 minutes remain as the Opals will look to rally in the second half.
- Just over a minute remains in the first half, and Team USA has built a double-digit lead.
Team USA leads 39-28 with 1:01 remaining until halftime.
Breanna Stewart is now up to 14 points to lead all scorers, flirting with a double-double as she's added eight rebounds. The Opals are struggling offensively, shooting 10-for-31 (31.2 percent) from th field and 6-for-18 (33.3 percent) from deep.
- As we approach the midway point of the second frame, Team USA is beginning to take command.
Team USA leads 32-25 with 5:15 remaining in the half.
Breanna Stewart is up to a game-high 11 points and six rebounds, while Ezi Magbegor leads the way for the Opals with eight points.
End of First Quarter: Opals 19, Team USA 19
- We've got a good one early on, as a jumper from Chelsea Gray knots things up at the end of the first frame.
Clutch Chelsea 🔥- USA Basketball (@usabasketball) July 16, 2021
What a way to end the first quarter!@cgray209 x 🇺🇸 #USABWNT pic.twitter.com/vGWULeF2ts
Led by six points from both Ezi Magbegor and Jenna O'Hea, the Opals have gotten out to a great start against Team USA, which is led by four points from both Brittney Griner and Breanna Stewart, establishing an advantage on the interior early on.
- After a strong start from the Opals, Team USA has fought back to tie things up at 13 at the first timeout of the game.
It's 13-13 with 4:18 left in the opening frame.
Ezi Magbegor leads all scorers with six points, while Breanna Stewart is up to a quick four points and four rebounds to lead the Americans.
- Starting for the Opals: Leilani Mitchell, Stephanie Talbot, Bec Allen, Ezi Magbegor and Cayla George
Here we go girls!- Basketball Australia (@BasketballAus) July 16, 2021
Wait for @CaylaGeorge22 at the end 😂🙏#WeAreBasketball pic.twitter.com/S3BXc1qfGS
- Starting for Team USA: Sue Bird, Jewell Loyd, Breanna Stewart, A'ja Wilson and Brittney Griner.
Starting 🖐- USA Basketball (@usabasketball) July 16, 2021
» Sue Bird
» Jewell Loyd
» Breanna Stewart
» A'ja Wilson
» Brittney Griner
🇺🇸 #USABWNT vs 🇦🇺 Australia pic.twitter.com/MCUJVTlWSw
- It's the debut of the red uniforms for the United States Women's National Team.
Making their on-court debut today 😍- USA Basketball (@usabasketball) July 16, 2021
🇺🇸 #USABWNT vs 🇦🇺 Australia
🕝 2:30 PM ET / 11:30 AM PT
💻 https://t.co/fcUSsbd74O pic.twitter.com/DmWG3oSOly
The views on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of the NBA or its clubs.